Mitra Zarrati PhD
With over 15 years of experience in diet therapy, Mitra Zarrati PhD is a highly skilled dietician who assesses clients’ nutritional needs, medical tests, and medical history to provide tailored nutritional advice to suit their specific requirements. As an Assistant Professor overseas, she has been recognized as a Global Distinguished Talent by the Department of Home Affairs of Australia for her significant contributions to the Australian research community. In 2022 she migrated to Australia. Her research activities in various fields of nutrition sciences and diseases have helped her develop a comprehensive clinical approach. She is as a Sessional Academic in Victoria University in Melbourne.
Her interests and expertise lie in the following areas:
- Weight management: She offers behavior modification techniques, cooking and menu planning, lifestyle management, motivation, nutrition advice for appetite control, daily exercise plans, slow and steady weight loss, strong support, and weight maintenance based on clients’ dietary preferences and cooking habits.
- Diabetes and prediabetes: She provides individualized medical nutrition therapy, including recommendations for the modification of current intake, food and blood glucose records, carbohydrate counting, glycaemic index, and behavior modification.
- Cardiovascular diseases, high cholesterol/blood pressure: She educates clients about the types of fats in food, ways to reduce salt consumption, and the replacement of foods, as well as recommend the use of effective food supplements.
- Gastrointestinal disorders: She offers guidance on Fatty liver, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Crohn’s Disease, Inflammatory Bowel Disease, Ulcerative Colitis, Pancreatitis, and Gallstones.
- Fertility challenges in men and women, PCOs: She provides weight management strategies, nutrition supplement therapy, medical nutrition therapy, and nutrition education.
- Pregnancy, lactation: She offers nutrition education and diet planning for normal growth and development of the fetus, mother’s weight gain, prevention of gestational diabetes, hypertension, preeclampsia, vomiting control, weight reduction after delivery, breastfeeding, and more.
- Childhood nutrition: She interprets weight and height growth charts, offer supplementary nutrition, provide food planning for weight and height growth, and address food allergies.
- Cancer: She develops food plans during chemotherapy and radiotherapy, address nausea and vomiting, appetite changes, constipation, sore mouth, and other related concerns.
- Other conditions: She addresses sleeping problems, anemia, hormone imbalance, thyroid disorders, autoimmune diseases, osteoporosis, and gout.
Her clinical approach is based on a holistic and patient-centered approach to achieve a fruitful outcome. She is proficient in English and Farsi.